At Creole Gallery, Lansing, MI
November 6-27, 2005
1. You go girlie
2. Great show! Awesome
5. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say Penis with my parents like 100 times today
7. Great idea!
8. It was about time!
9. Brilliant - Thanks for exposing the penis.
10. Great show!
11. Love it!!
12. Very wild & the world needs to have such a diversion
13. Great glaze, great statement
14. Wow! I love this!
15. Shockingly great!
16. Great show – too many to pick a favorite. Keep on sculpting!
17. It was great!
18. Oh yes – justice!!
19. Hope you take my suggestion (D&S). Explore – it will be well received!! Loved your show & wish you the best.
20. LONG overdue!! Great!!
21. This was great! We laughed and enjoyed it a lot. Motivated to do some independent research of our own. :) You have done a wonderful and brave job.
22. So happy to bring my 7 & 4 yr.old daughters. They thought it was so funny. I hope to teach them not to be afraid or ashamed of human bodies. Thank you.
23. Wonderful, funny, great art!
24. I applaud you for your talent, courage and message, which is spoken so loud & clear by your art. Thank you!
25. A lovely day for a stroll through the forest.
26. What fun! Thanks.
28. Great show hope it travels far & wide.
29. Sue, “You did it! Good for you!” I can’t wait to see what your next creative endeavor will be. The glazing is magnificent!
30. Great job!
31. Great concepts- push it!
33. No shrinkage with the cold. It’s a good thing.
34. Great show!!!
35. Sooo creative – Bravo!!
36. Wonderful – Touche!
37. Great – it’s about time!
40. You go! Girl!!! Great creativity & skill.
44. Awesome Sue!
45. Funny & valuable
46. Wow! Very fun.
47. This display was wonderful! I feel you captured an essence of human nature that many people “feel” is inappropriate and should be kept…in the dark. Your work is powerful and magnetic…congratulations.
50. Kudo’s to you Sue! Cheers
51. Gutsy project – congrats!
52. Love the project. Very intriguing.
54. Thanks for sharing! It was fun!
55. Love it
56. Wonderful! Cock-a-blockful!
57. I’ve never seen better!
58. What fun!
59. What a hoot!
60. Nice exhibit
61. The “penis project” is great. But having the word “penis” covered with a fig leaf – now that’s a statement.
62. The first time I’ve met a dickhead who didn’t speak! I loved it!
63. A great mother/daughter bonding moment! Thank you.
64. Very interesting!
65. Sue, your daughter Lauren told us about this show. She’s really proud of you.
68. Very cute, but based on a mistaken premise of “male domination”. Dominion, in the modern era, is not gender specific, but relates to social class and wealth. (Example: Condoleeza) It is not wise to continue to feed the “battle of the sexes” with these sorts of talking points. Our conquerors have divided us enough already. Wake up, sister.
69. Awesome! You go girl!!!
70. Good sources! for creative life.
71. Loved it. I would love to write poems & ask the Edgewood Church sacred (improv) dancers to perform with it – just 5 minute
At Studio 71 South, Grand Rapids, MI
January 6 – February 4, 2006
1. Amazing! I always thought they were homely until now…
2. Thank you so much for doing something that no one else had the “balls” to do.J
3. Yee! Haa!
4. You’ve confirmed my constant assertion that the male form is beautiful as well.
5. Great display! & art.
6. Great show! Thanks for sharing! I have too many favorites.
7. Brave work! Thanks!
9. Loved it all!J
10. Great exhibit! I loved how strong your artwork came across.
11. Wonderful, I love it! One day I will own my very own J Good luck
12. This was an absolutely wonderful experience & I loved every minute. Thank you.
13. Very brave to show reality. Love the equality statement. The glazes are nice too. The whimsy adds interest.
14. For your next installation, expand the merchandising opportunities. Earrings! Robe hooks! Kitchen utensil handles! Mardi Gras beads! It’s a thought.
15. As was said in the movie “Chasing Amy”, everyone needs a little deep dickin’” Thanks for satisfying my need!
16. Absolutely cockalicious!!
17. Nice penis.
18. Where’s the “dick on a rope”?
19. Glad to see a woman brave and open enough to put on such an exhibit of art. Thanks for sharing.
20. Wonderful exhibit – loved the “hands-on” aspect of it – so much so – I now own my own penis! Thanx.
21. What wonderful artwork. It’s crazy to think of where you got the inspiration for some of those. LOL J Keep up the great work. You are very talented.
22. What a great time we had at your gallery. You guys are amazing and I will send all my friends in.